29 June, 2007

Toy

Man, don't think I've seen this kind of madness since Cabbage Patch. The iphone. A small, rounded rectangle of metal and plastic capable of causing lines not seen since the Depression Era.
Call me skeptical. No, really, call me that cause I am.
I have a cell phone, an old one, so old the kid behind the counter at the cell phone shop probably wasn't born when my phone was launched. But, it works. I love it when I need it, when it works, but then I don't love it anymore because it is just a small, rounded piece of metal and plastic.
In many cases I love the people on the other end of the magical cordless line, but I'm not sure how much credit I can give the phone. After all, it is just a small, rounded piece of metal and plastic.
I'm starting to think we are gadget happy. No, correction, I KNOW we are gadget happy, but in the long run is this a sustainable trend? Do you detest me for even questioning the great Apple father in the sky? If are asleep in the parking lot at Fashion Island, portable radio in hand, fending off hordes of line cutters you probably do detest me, but my question remains.
Cause remember, I'm skeptical. When I hear iphone 1.0, I'm already thinking iphone 2.0. Just like high-def tv. I'm already over it. I dont' even need to buy one. I have a TV, an old one, so old the kid behind the counter in the TV shop probably wasn't born when my tv was launched. You get where I'm going here?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smogranch,

But you DO have a cellphone. Too late, you are in "the game". Should we have stopped when the covered wagons reached the "Great Salt Lake" and crossed it?