29 October, 2006

A Pattern Developing

Shot an event yesterday. Many creative, interesting people in attendance. Movie people, photography people. There must have been a half a dozen people who looked at me, the equipment, and said, "Oh, film, that is just the best." The same storyline I am hearing over and over. "I use digital when I HAVE to, but it just isnt' the same," "It lacks....."
"I use it when someone needs to see it right then, doctor it, but all MY STUFF is shot with film this or film that."
Are those cracks forming in the foundation? No. I don't think so. I think the foundation has too much money stuck between the straw and mud to form cracks, but I feel like I know a dirty little secret that NOBODY on the inside want to talk about.
Well, I guess I'll just have to make myself at home here in the Dark Ages.

No comments: