04 October, 2006

Reality of Technology

Everything high-tech breaks, fails, quits or dies.
Recently, after an unexpected shutdown of my online archive someone asked me how much trouble it had caused me.
"None," was my answer. Why? Well, first of all, I was prepared, and in the end didn't lose anything.
But, more importantly, I expected my system to fail.
My question to my frieind was, "what technological device have you had in your lifetime that didn't fail in the end?" "Ah, oh, ah, um,....."
My Atari broke, all of my computers have failed, died, exploded burned up, or just greeted me with the blue screen of death. My Ipod died, calculator in high school, and even my mom's gameboy crapped out. Hard drives? All eventually died. CDs and DVDs corrupt, flame out, etc. And don't get me started on the camera world, the neverending line of new models, rife with mini flaws that are here on day, dead the next.
So why would I be surprised when ANYTHING tech goes belly up? I"m not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

quit complaining...technology allows you to live the life like you do..

;-)