17 November, 2008

Moms





So a few weeks ago I did a post about my dad, and another about dads in general, so figured I needed to post about moms, just to balance things out.

Most of the time, when I'm photographing kids, I don't really end up photographing moms unless we end up trying to get a "family" photo.

Now my idea of family photos is perhaps a little outside the bounds of normal. Perhaps my idea of mom photos is too, but when you consider my last post was partly about Afghanistan, war, and photographers being arrested, then nothing should come as a surprise as this point.

I'll post about families when I get a chance.

I know what mom looks like. I've met her many times before, so when I make pictures I'm trying to go a little beyond the standard mom shot, if there is such a thing. Mom shots are normally really safe, but what fun is that? I mean come on, we are talk about MOM here. Mom is the glue that holds the family together.

At our weakest points in life, when we are sick, down, mangled, misguided, moronic, mom is there to bail us out. Mom is a rock, and I think the pictures of mom should go beyond the PTA meeting mug shot we have all come to love and enjoy.

So, I figured I would show a few pictures of what I'm talking about. How can I pass up a mirrored dresser? How can I pass up a veil-like piece of cloth? It's not possible people.

So here is a word out to all moms. Where would we be without you?

No comments: