23 April, 2008

Morocco Photo Moment 2





What more could you ask for? How about more Morocco snaps? Same story,same trip. I'm rolling these out a few at a time, but there aren't that many so don't worry.

Leica M6, 35mm f/2 and Tmax 3200. I can't imagine what it would be like to have say...six months in a place like this. As opposed to say...six days. You just can't force photography.
Case in point, modern photojournalism, which in some cases gives us fantastic, in-depth coverage, but in many other cases gives us unbelievable quantity of images in real-time speed, but many of the reports lack depth or quality. It is those in-depth pieces that hold up over time, not the quick hit stuff.

But, we all typically find ourselves in the "compromise" mode, and frankly I'm jazzed anytime I have ANY time to work on my own projects.

These images are from Fez, one of the most amazing cities I have ever seen. Ironically, walking out of the medina at night, I ran into someone I had worked with on a project about being Muslim and living in America. He looked at my wife and I, and our friends, and asked, "Do you want to see an amazing place?"
He took us to a school, part Islamic school if I remember correctly, and also part music, which was located inside one of the oldest Mosques around. It was just us and the students and he got us permission to make pictures. One of the best experiences of the trip.

No comments: