28 April, 2008

Photo Project: Homework






Wanderlust.

How many of us photographers are saddled with this burden? The grass is always greener. Passport stamps. Yep, you know what I’m talking about. As my mother says, “Some of us in the family are born with wheels for feet.”
Well, this is all fine and dandy, but for me, there are plenty of times when I have the wanderlust but can’t really do anything about it.
Responsibilities, finances, etc, etc, there are as many reasons not to travel as there are to travel.
So, when you are stuck with this reality you find ways to satisfy your needs. I realized after many years of going wherever I could whenever I could that there was another unknown land right under my nose.
My home.
All these images, and many more like them, were all made in or around my house. These are just the tip of the iceberg and this body of work will continue to grow whenever I find myself “stuck” here.
I’m starting to like being stuck.

No comments: